Starting Fall 2021, Vanguards will have the opportunity to select to participate in one of three tracks during their Vanguard experience.
The core Vanguard experience remains the same:
- Three Immersion Trips - wilderness, international, and domestic
- Meaningful Work and Service - all tracks contribute to learning important life skills and serving others
- HoneyRock Community Involvement - through small groups, committees, outdoor activities, events, and meals
- Vocational Discernment - one-on-ones, small groups, vocational exploration
- Outdoor Engagement - participating in outdoor activities year-round
- Community Living - residence-hall style living with shared rooms, bathrooms, and common areas
- Local Community Service - partnering with local churches and ministries to learn from and serve the surrounding areas
The three tracks—Journeys, Adventure Ministry, and Equestrian—allow students to opt into special areas of interest.
Three Vanguard Tracks
Work Rotation Options: Construction, Grounds, Auto Shop, Media, Guest Services, Beehive, Kitchen
Domestic Trip: U.S. Based Urban Trip
Focus Conversations: power and value of work, vocational discernment
Work Rotation Options: Retreat Services, Retail Store, Outdoor Activity Instruction, Special Seasonal Projects
Domestic Trip: U.S. Based Outdoor Ministry
Focus Conversations: power of hospitality and service, group facilitation, outdoor and adventure ministry
Work Rotation Options: HoneyRock Equestrian Center (full-year)
Domestic Trip: U.S. Based Equestrian Travel
Focus Conversations: equestrian horse care, ministry through horses, area-related maintenance and service
Questions and Answers about Vanguard Tracks
No! The cost of the Vanguard Gap Year is the same no matter which track you choose.
Let's talk about it! Set up an informational interview with a Vanguard staff member to ask questions and learn more.
The tracks do not require an additional application.
Once you have been accepted and pay your deposit for Vanguard you can choose your track.