Why Pursue an M.A. in Global Leadership (MAGL)?
The Master of Arts in Global Leadership (MAGL) at Wheaton College exists to equip men and women with knowledge, spiritual understanding, and skills to lead in a culturally diverse world.
In pursuit of our mission, the MAGL offers you the opportunity to:
- Learn evidence-based leadership research
- Elevate your leadership capacity to serve the world
- Amplify your passion with a community of like-minded leaders
- Dive into the Bible to sharpen your vocational calling
- Equip yourself with in-demand leadership skills
- Realign your life with Christ at the center
In our increasingly connected world, the demand for visionary, culturally-intelligent and value-driven leaders is ever-growing. MAGL is created to raise a new generation of Christ-centered leaders to serve the world. This is a unique leadership program that combines evidence-based leadership research, biblical engagement, and practical skill development. Some of the core skills that you will gain include:
- Cross-cultural Communication skills
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Multicultural team management skills
- Change management skills
We believe effective leadership requires three foundations:
- Knowledge of evidence-based leadership research and theory
- Spiritual maturity to discern truth and practice grace
- Skills for enabling others to see and create a better future together
MAGL is designed to holistically elevate students’ leadership capacity by building on all three foundations with a global impact in mind. In this program, you will learn from globally renowned scholars as well as real-world leaders from both businesses and ministries.
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another” (Prov. 27:17).
Leadership is always developed and sharpened in relationships of mutual accountability. In MAGL, you will be joining a community of like-minded leaders pursuing the same leadership excellence built on biblical principles. There will be ample opportunities to develop new friendships and learn from each other.
The program is designed with maximal flexibility for working professionals. Students take a combination of online and intensive in-person classes on Wheaton College’s campus. Typically, students come to campus for no more than three weeks a year. This way, they can immediately apply their learning in their current context while earning a Master's degree.
Find detailed information such as course requirements, course descriptions, faculty information, and program overview for the M.A. in Global Leadership.
Recent Mission, Ministry, and Leadership News1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > >>