The Department of Marketing Communications is a diverse collection of marketing and communications professionals who have a passion for telling the Wheaton College story. Our experienced team offers its expertise to help your marketing initiatives reach your audience, connect with the mission, and reinforce the identity of the College in order to achieve your desired goals.
The goal of marketing is always to move people to some type of action. The four key words below provide a simple framework for us to reference as we collaborate together.
- Value - Who is my target audience? Is what we are communicating valuable to the target audience? What do I want them to do with the information?
- Accountability - Can we deliver on the promises being made?
- Simplicity - Have all unnecessary elements been removed (words & design) in order to create the greatest clarity?
- Consistency - Is it consistent with the Wheaton College mission and brand guidelines?
How We Do It
We want to make marketing easy for you. Collaboration is key to success. Our goal is to listen carefully and then provide guidance and recommendations.
- A single contact to get you started – x5647
- Proactive communication about the status of your project
- Biannual marketing updates, training and sharing of ideas
- Access to these helpful resources:
What we do
These services are provided by our department in conjunction with outside resources:
- Marketing strategy
- Communication planning
- Media relations
- Public relations
- Graphic design—print and electronic
- Web strategy and content
- Social media guidelines and consultation
Submit Your Story Idea
Have a Wheaton story idea? Share it with the MarComm team! Learn more about the makings of a good story, and submit yours on our Submit a Wheaton Story Idea page.